Monday, October 22, 2012

Prefinished Wide Plank Floors That Fit the Budget



A Note From Goat....


We are running some absolutely stunning prefinished wide plank pine flooring right now; or as Shelley would put it, “slap your momma good.”  I recently swung into a few of the “big box” stores to check out some of the prefinished flooring being offered.  I did get a few weird looks while out; like I was the first goat to peruse the flooring department!

I was amazed at what I found, and not in a good way.  Narrow widths and short boards for over $6.00/sqft!  Everything was offered with a “nice,” shiny, plastic-looking finish….I hope you are catching my sarcasm there because I’m laying it on pretty thick.  These floors are obviously not meant to be lived on; rather worried about because something that shiny is bound to scratch and it will not be done gracefully.

My guys are running prefinished wide plank pine, up to 10” wide boards, for UNDER $6.00/sqft!  The longest length I saw in the stores was 5’-6’; we run our prefinished flooring in lengths up to 12’.  Our custom oil finish gives the floor just the right amount of sheen while offering unmatched “ease of maintenance.” A scratch that would normally ruin a prefinished floor simply adds a little character our floors.   While I was in the stores I was also unable to find the guys offering custom, hand-distressing to the floors.  We have perfected numerous distressing techniques to give your floor an authentic, time-worn feel.  Since we do all distressing by hand we are able to truly customize the floor just for you.

Here are a few colors currently being offered with more on the way!


Latte
Old World
Aged Patina







No comments:

Post a Comment